Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Speaking of Spills...We had our 1st

It wasn't a good start to the weekend when I got home from walking the dogs feeling ill. Then Jorge greeted me with my injured child. It wasn't pretty. There was blood, swelling, and lots of tears. The story goes like this. The girls were crawling like little wind up toys across the floor. And Catalina tripped on the corner of the runner & her face went right into the floor. Thump! Crack! WAH!

Photobucket

Busted lip. Broken heart.

We tried to put ice on it but of course that didn't work. SO I decided to try a frozen mango cube. It was cold & tasty. To see my daughter's lip expanding wasn't fun at all. But I knew this would be the first of many. So I braced myself & offered some comfort. And I guess Topaz's nurturing instincts kicked in too as she also provided comfort. OR it could be she was interested in the mango.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After some mommy time, Cati decided to rest in her fav place.

Photobucket

And then she realized Val was doing something fun (meaning: something she shouldn't be doing).

Photobucket

And off she went. This is how she got into this mess in the first place, mind you.

Photobucket

Caught in the act my dear.

Photobucket

But despite Cati's mishap, the show must go on. We donned on our finest threads. Well the girls did anyways, I tried to find something I can move around in without flashing anyone and we headed out to our social engagements.

Leyla's 1st Birthday
Photobucket

Leyla's mom did a great job. She covered all her bases. A place for the kids, adults, AND the cakes!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the food was delicious. Right J?

Photobucket

In the end we had a fun time. Thanks Leyla's mom!

Photobucket

No comments: