Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentines Day = Food

Why is it that Vday always involves food...at least for ME it does anyways. Maybe I'm the only one with this issue. Who knows?? So for me no Valentine's Day would be complete without having something edible. And this year was no different. This year was EXTRA special because I got to throw all of my culinary fear out the window for the sake of making this a very special Valentine's for my girls. And an extra extra special day it was since it was Valentina's Saint day (my mom had to remind me of that one..huh?) oh well all the more to celebrate.

As you may or may not know I'm no Betty Crocker but I have been known to experiment in the kitchen. I am a foodie so I have been known to pull off a few Food Network dishes pretty well. So I thought I would use Paula Deen's sugar cookie recipe and make some cookies with the girls for Jorge. Ok so honestly the girls watched & I made..ha ha. But I could use the practice so whatever.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I thought they turned out pretty good...if I do say so myself.

Photobucket

Although the recipe said it would yield something like 3 dozen cookies. :scratching head: I'm not really sure how Paula pulls this off but it only made me about 2 dozen.

Photobucket

And for my peanuts...I made them some Lovin Pancakes :) Yes they LOVED it, especially the powdered sugar! I thought this was an appropriate way to introduced this sugar overload holiday. And if anyone is going to give my kids processed sugar it might as well be me HOMEMADE.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyhow it wasn't ALLL about food. The big guy & I got to take the girls to their weekly music class. They really do have music in their blood. These girls can rock & bounce with the rest of the kids....the whole parachute thing was a little questionable to them though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course no Valentine's Day would be complete without an evening out...or in our case a late afternoon. This gave us a chance to dress up & get our party look on. I was dying to put these dresses on (a very special gift from a good friend) and this was the perfect occasion. They also wore them on New Year's Eve....ACK! Wearing an outfit 2x perish the thought!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All in all I had a pretty incredible day with the girls. I am incredibly in love with my daughters and I have to say this day was better then any Vday I've ever had (sorry J :( but it's true). I never thought I could love 2 people more...."they are the reason I was born" Susan Sarandon in Anywhere But Here

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker!

No comments: