Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

And hope you had a Happy Passover to my Jewish friends....

I generally love to revel in the doings & evolution of my peanuts on this blog. But this time I decided to post some of the typical twin situations that make up the substance of our days. Before that, I have to say of course we had a GREAT Easter despite all challenges we face!

When we're out in public I get asked the same FAQs sometimes by complete strangers or well intentioned friends & family. How do you manage with TWO? I know how hard one is I can't imagine TWO the same age? Gosh you look like you have a lot of work on your hands? So who's tougher? Who's got the stronger personality? etc. etc. Depending on the day, time, alignment of planets & stars, my answers will vary. On a especially stressful day my answer can range from..."Ya think?!!" to "Actually it's a walk in the friggin park!" Sometimes I say "Ignorance is bliss b/c I have no idea what 1 child is like". But most days I simply smile & say, "We have our ups & downs but the benefits far outweigh the tough times." The truth is I could really have you sit for a few hours & tell you all about our days. But how can I complain or sound disgruntled when a simple smile from one of my daughters is enough to fill me with a lifetime of joy & the rest of the world could fall apart around me.

This Easter weekend was a pretty good example of up moments & some really down moments. We had a schedule Easter egg hunt that got rained out. Getting rained out with two kids stuck at home really means a day of challenges ahead. And just to help complicate things a little more, doggy class also got rained out too so that meant two disgruntled pooches to deal with at home too. Gotta love what life throws at you. Thank goodness for Gymboree who DID have class despite the rain & holiday weekend. YAY GO GYMBO!! We had some good distraction for about 45 minutes or so. Every minute between naps counts in our day!

Back home we dealth with things like this...fights over abundant toys & boo boos as collateral damage.

Photobucket

Fighting over space...personal space that is. I guess they've been having that problem for a LONG time :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cabin fevered dogs....who refuse to stay out in the rain to handle their potty business.

Photobucket

But they aren't all that happy indoors either. Sigh.

Photobucket

Easter Sunday things were looking up. The sun was shining. And I managed to get through breakfast without a major food explosion all over their pretty spring dresses. Photo op time! We didn't do the offical Easter Bunny photo momento but I did want capture the day on film in their dresses with their pretty home made hand knit sweaters that were delivered all the way from Peru. IS that too much to ask?

Photobucket

Apparently so...

Photobucket

As you can see I can't always get two cooperative ladies for a photo shoot. Depending on the day, time, alignment of the planets at the particular moment in time, someone can be happy & someone not so happy. And as that moment passes & another emerges, the reverse can happen.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then it's just..screw it let's go out to eat!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker!

1 comment:

Amy said...

The girls look so pretty in their Easter dresses!! It's SO hard to get them both smiling isn't it??? lol