Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

Every year people remind each other to remember the true essence of this holiday, being thankful. This year I didn't have to think twice about what to be thankful for, my family's health, especially these two.

Photobucket

This holiday will probably always be marked as the time when my little Valentina wound up in the hospital with some scary stuff. It's sad that sometimes it takes a serious incident coupled with some struggle to make you realize what is important in life. Last year my little peanut was not healthy at all. And while sometimes I wish they would slow down so I can catch my breath, I'm thankful that this year no one slowed down. Instead the peanuts were full speed as it should be.

The blackest Friday ever for me was in 2009. We wound up here in the hospital with our sick little girl. And while their dad & I spent days and nights with her we had another little girl at home wondering what the heck was going on. It seemed like it would never end and the days at home would be just as hard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today, we're here at home causing a raucous and trying to get our hands into everything. I know for J & I it was a very happy thanksgiving because the days of Val being so sick are way behind us. She's a walking and talking vibrant and energetic two-year-old.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Getting ready for Thanksgiving the girls painted turkeys! What? Their art doesn't look like turkeys to you? Of course it does, these are the most beautiful turkeys I've ever seen people (use your imaginations or think abstract art :) ha ha)!

Photobucket

And sometimes the artists can get carried away and decide body art is also fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We spent the day at Grandma's with some other little people and eating some yummy turkey. My nephew is quite the charmer :) And finally check out this spread that grandma laid out for the family. Very nice!

Photobucket

This is Cati with her lets-get-our-eat-on face.

Photobucket

And Val in one of her extra special moods...ahem. And daddy with his token JETS gear to ensure all the Thanksgiving vibes make for a football win!

Photobucket

The next day all of us girls got up early & seasoned our turkey together for our post-Thanksgiving dinner at home. As we sang to the tune of Hello Mr. Turkey. Something about saying hi to the turkey and then telling him not to run away cuz it's time to eat. Yeah a little morbid, I know. But the girls didn't mind it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is something I like to do because really there's never enough left over turkey. I make our own and add just a couple of side items for our dinner.

Photobucket

In the end there are never enough days to be thankful for all of the blessings we have and we need to cherish and appreciate the people in our lives each and every day.

No comments: