Monday, November 2, 2009

CHOCK FULL O' HALLOWEEN

Since this is one of my absolute favorite holidays, I always make sure we do it up right. Now that I have my daughters to join in the fun I have to say this was one of the best Halloween I've had. J is not really into it...bah humbug! He's kind of a Halloween spectator....and boy did we put on a show.

Pre-Halloween
Last weekend we had fun times at the pumpkin farm. Gotta luv Jersey for its plentiful pumpkin farms. And we all know that this holiday is aaaallll about the pumpkins pumpkins pumpkins. So here we were surrounded by bright orange pumpkins. And I made sure to stock up enough to eat AND carve.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The girls took to their pumpkin pinkin with great fervor analyzing each & every round vegetable to make sure they picked the perfect one!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Followed by a Halloween Party and a chance to do a costume dress rehearsal. Cati & Val found dressing up fun as well as funny. I tried to help get them into full character by asking them cluck like a chicken...this caused some serious laughter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here are my little birds perched up on some hay. It's all about new experiences girls.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Halloween Eve

The girls have not been feeling to hot lately, especially Cati. Poor girl's had a series of ailments all smushed into one week. But she did great at her nursery school Halloween party & parade. I really had no choice I couldn't disappoint these toddlers with bailing on a party. As you can see their appetite was not affected. And they were happy to see some of their friends in their Halloween-best!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Halloween Day

Since the weather was not being very cooperative we took trick-or-treating indoors. There's another reason I'm thankful for Jersey...the malls are aplenty!

Photobucket

And here we are....The KFC Colonel & his uncooperative KFC Chickens...one was Original Recipe & the other was Extra Crispy!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket


And topped it off with a little Halloween gathering of little people and some pumpkin carving with little cousins & big cousins. The girls & I put on our KFC chicken dance show for the fam. Turned out to be a big hit :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The colonel & her dancing chickens!

Let's move on to the carving...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not bad for a bunch of amateurs...thanks to my cousins Janet, Ana & Terry. But really the kids did the hard work which was scooping out the seeds. EEWW!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


All for the GREAT PUMPKIN Charlie Brown...

No comments: