Thursday, July 30, 2009

TOPAZ, my first dear daughter.

Photobucket

Yes, Topaz with her sweet & gentle yet demanding & bossy nature is my very first 4-legged daughter. She's just like any other girly girl. She's bossy around the house & makes my 4-legged son do whatever she wants. She runs him out of his sleep spot. She steals his treats. She takes over his crate. But she's also the BEST cuddler & gives the cutest kisses. She watches over the twins to make sure they stay in line. She plays nice with the twins. She lets them pull on her ears & unwind her curly tail. She LOVES shoes (to eat them, that is) & is a foodie (just like her mom) who will eat anything!!


Poor C3 KNOWS she's gonna wrestle him for his spot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some of her not-so-good traits is they she's a worrier. She's nervous about all things foreign to her. Take the vaccuum for example, she doesn't get this loud purple thing that sucks up anything in it's path. So she shakes & tries to growl at it every time the vaccuum is out doing it's business. She's nervous about cars zooming past us on our walks. Why are they so loud?? She's afraid of lawn mowers. She's afraid of large people invading her personal space. Most of all she HATES to be without her big brother C3PO. He gives her a sense of security. Although she annoys him to no end, she loves him dearly & just hates hates hates to be without him. Her favorite place to be is home with the all those she knows & loves, her family.


Now that you know a little bit about my little girl Topaz, I can share this story with you. C3PO got sick a couple of weeks ago. So sick he needed to go to the vet asap! I didn't want to leave Topaz behind at home with the nanny & the girls because I knew she would just whine & scream like tortured cat the whole time I was gone with him. So I decided to bring her along with me but leave her in the car while I took care of C3PO inside the vet's office. Please don't call PETA on me. She was fine with the windows open & I wasn't going to be longer then 20 minutes. Well ALOT can happen in 20 minutes.


When we got back to the car, with C3 on his way to recovery, Topaz was a nervous MESS! She got so freightened about being left alone she decided to poop in the back. As if this weren't enough she decided to pace all around the car to calm her heightened nerves. I'm guesing she was frantically pacing around the car because she managed to step in her poop & track it EVERYWHERE :grabbing my face in shock: So you can imagine the look of disbelief on my face when I found her in the front seat & noticed her white paws were brown. And when I opened the door to the car the smell would send such a shock across my body that it could have knocked me right on my ass. My leather seats, console, steering wheel, dashboard, kids car seats ALL were a poopy mess! Part of me was in denial as I tried to wipe my seat down to take them both home. Did she really do this?? Then I realized, yes, she did because I'm suddenly nauseous from the smell in the car.

On the way home I was thinking of how many different ways I could pack her up in a FEDEX box & send her off to the North Pole and wondering if the FEDEX man would notice that there was no return address on the box. By the time I got home the rational side of me kicked in & I was left with only 1 person to blame for all this...ME. I know my little girl too well & I why on earth did I think she would be ok in the car completely ALONE?? What was I on that morning??

When I told J the story all he could muster up was "How in the world are you going to clean up the car??!!" Thanks J! I can always count on you for support sweetheart :) But I did clean up the car & took apart the car seats & washed the covers & wiped down the seat belts & cleaned every poop-filled crevice I could find in the car.

Lesson here is, THINK before you act. Think Jennifer, just THINK a little before you decide to do something so incredibly dumb!

Photobucket

And when you look into this mug...all is forgiven :)

Photobucket

No comments: