Monday, February 22, 2010

Ringing in 2010

A little late! The New Year is always tough for me because I enjoy the holidays so much & its so sad to take down the decorations, ending family gatherings, no more nostalgic holiday music and marking an end of a whole year. This year it was a tad harder because we were nursing my littlest peanut back to health.

We've had a busy new year but before I get into the latest & greatest with the many happenings in our life, I want to set some goals & hopes for the new year. I'm not generally big on resolutions & such but this year I've been inspired to make some changes and much needed improvements in my life. So here it goes....

1-Be Grateful
Yes, I said it. We have a tendency to be ungrateful, always bitchin about something, never seeing the good in anything people. I'm keeping a journal by my bed to remind to write something I'm grateful for each & every day. Even if it's the same thing every day & even if I don't remember to do it every single day, I want to remind myself that things could always be worse. The recent disaster in Haiti has put so many things in perspective. I have a home, a family, & my life....what more can I ask for?

2-Be Happy
Simple yet so difficult to achieve. Sometimes when things are so crazed & stressed it's hard to find the energy to put into being happy & doing the things that make you happiest. It's so easy to get caught up in the daily "to-do's" that we forget to do the things that make us happy. I've decided to write a list of things I enjoy doing & DO them. As I put this list together I realized that it's not money or jewels or travel that would make me happiest but the things that you can't put a price tag on. Once a week I'm taking a nice hot bath, reading a good book, listening to some soothing tunes.

3-Take Care of Myself
I have to admit that I've resorted to eating some serious junk & I have a few thousand excuses that I've convinced myself it's ok. But it's not. So I'm jumping back on the wagon & need to take better care of me. If I don't, I can't possibly do a good job of taking care of those that need me. Aside from eating better I need to get up of my rear & on my feet. I got myself a new little gadget that will hopefully motivate me to stick to it (thank you Mr. Nike for your cool inventions). So my Nike + friends please feel free to keep me in check if you don't see me logging any miles.

So that's that.

The peanuts have been busy growing like little weeds & right before my eyes they're turning into little people who walk & talk & are more independent with each passing day.

We were quite social in January with lots of guests to entertain & parties to attend.

Photobucket

Here's Val trying to hide from the paparazzi but was nice enough to let me pose for a pic with her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

A fun visit with Val's godparents.

Photobucket

A very fun New Year's Day party at the Cervantes' household. The girls were thoroughly entertained.

Photobucket

And we had a fun visit with itty bitty Bianca...sporting her leopard print dress. You gotta have a certain style to rock leopard print. You go girl!

Photobucket


Bring on the L-O-V-E for Valentines Day

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then we have some not-so-loving moments....sigh...this is no different from any other day. One out of two children must be upset about SOMETHING.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We got some fine jewelry for Valentines day & there's nothing like the right accessories to help fix a situation. But picking the right jewelry is a tough decision & must be carefully thought out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You see! Now we're in LOVE again.

Photobucket

And so is the dog in the background....showing himself a little love. Oh boy!

And then we got snowed in for the first BLIZZARD of 2010

The first snow fall of the year is always fun & pretty to watch. The girls were a little under the weather so we enjoyed the powder white stuff from the INSIDE.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then you realize there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. It's pretty & all but where the HECK is a dog to do his "business" with cold snow freezing your cojones.

Photobucket

But we kept ourselves busy inside by having enough reading materials & arranging them just so.

Photobucket

Playing musical chairs...also known as annoying your sister while she sits in her chair. It's fun when you have a sibling to play with.

Photobucket

And we kept up with our parent responsibilities of feeding our babies.

Photobucket

Now they now how I feel.

Photobucket

These babies must be on a 4 hour feeding schedule. Cati looks beat!

Photobucket


But it's SO worth it!

Photobucket

No comments: