Monday, January 12, 2009

Trying to catch up!

The holidays came & went and once again I feel like the rat race or the parent's race is upon us. Everyday there's projects, errands, chores, etc. to catch up on. When do we find time to blog & update our "History Book" I've developed here. The girls are quickly approaching 8 months & this month is no different then the others with developments, milestones, new worries, and yes, even more things to do!

Valentina surprised us this month by deciding she was going to be more vocal. Like most constantly worried, over protective, new parent Jorge & I were wondering what was "wrong" with her? We couldn't figure out why Catalina's speech was flourishing with new consonants including da da & pa pa & ba ba and Val was just sitting there just observing her sister in all her vocal glory. One night after considering bringing the topic with her pediatrician OUT came the noises & sounds of Val's mouth. I'm sure any veteran parent will say "I told you so" on this one but I'm new at this so please bear with me. I'm sure this will happen over & over & over again. My new worry is that Catalina seems like she want to start crawling when placed on her belly while Val seems to screech at the very thought of you placing her anywhere near her belly! She's quite happy to have mastered sitting on her own & she will contently watch her sister struggle with trying to become mobile.
Waiting for SPRING!Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker!

No comments: